Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Survey Results: What is your 2008 New Year's resolution?

5 responded to the most recent survey - the results are below (they could chose more than one response). The question: "What is your 2008 New Year's resolution?"
  • 4 chose "Make changes in how I feel"
  • 3 chose "Make changes in how I look"
  • 1 chose "Improve my personal relationships"
  • 1 chose "Get more recognition in my work or business"
  • 1 chose "Be less scheduled and more relaxed"
  • 1 chose "Learn something new"
  • 0 chose "Reconnect with something I used to do"
I guess it is not too surprising that the people who read this blog would be interested in making changes to how they feel, because Inner Grrr™ is all about feeling invincible, finding and using your inner power and inner voice to be unstoppable!

I came across this great recently from Marian Wright Edelman:
"We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee."

I felt that this quote was so profound. When I look back on myself at several earlier points - junior high, high school, college, graduate school, etc., there were so many little experiences that I had along the way that helped me to define small preferences, that, over time, have defined the trajectory of my life in all areas.

I also see how this quote can almost be a prescription for any goals that we may have. It is the slow, steady progress that we make each day, which, when we stop one day to take a look, realize just how far we've come.

So, keep up your steady ongoing progress in the direction that you want to go, and, see if you can find a way to track what you are doing, whether it is recording the number of swings that you are doing each workout, how much water that you are drinking each day, how many days you went for a walk, how many hours of sleep you got each night, how many times that you did your favorite activity, or how many times you complimented yourself or had an appreciative thought about yourself.

No comments: