Monday, July 23, 2007

200 swings in 5 minutes?!

I recently learned that it only takes 5 minutes to do a set of 200 swings. Seems a little odd, doesn't it? Seems like it should take longer.

I first timed myself last week, out of curiosity. Gregg didn't believe me at first, so, I did another 200-swing set, with him watching the clock. And then he believed me :) I was doing 1-handed swings, at first alternating after 5 reps with each hand, then after 2, then (and for most of them) switching after each rep.

One of the reasons that it was so surprising to the both of us was because when I swing, it feels pretty relaxed and casual (see my "Swinging for long sets" entry).

Lately, that has been my preferred workout - 1-2 sets of 200-300 swings most mornings. It's been fun, and, I'm making progress toward my 25,000 swing challenge goal :)

No comments: