The following is an email sent to me by Brad Taylor, the newest member to the 10,000 KB Swing Challenge Club:
Back around March 28th I was wondering how to get consistent inprovement in my workouts and I happened upon Kerry's blog. I had not looked at it in awhile so I reread the stuff about the 10,000 swing challenge and I decided to try it. Not being wasteful, I decided to include all the stuff I had done since January 1rst, which came to about 375 swings and so it began. I started incorporating swings into my run between laps at the track and slowly advancing. I decided to look at Kerry's blog again because I had seen something about snatches counting as 2 swings and I like to maximize my effort so I did snatches instead and I am happy to say that I completed my challenge on May 15th. On May 16th I started my 5,000 snatch challenge which I hope to complete in a 10 week time frame, while also increasing the number of snatches done in a row. aside from that I am doing a seperate short workout at a different time consisting only of long cycle clean & jerks with no goal other that to do as many as I can in a 10 minute time frame. I am happy to say that the method worked and I recommend it to anyone for improving work out discipline. Thanks and good health!
--
Brad Taylor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment