Saturday, March 24, 2007

Harvey's Double Kettlebell Snatch

I have always enjoyed lifting heavy weights. But when I met Gregg and Kerry almost 2 years ago and started lifting kb's I was in for a real eye opener. Once I started kb's, I could only snatch a 24kg 2x7 [2 sets for 7 reps]. But I have since snatched 1 24kg 60 times per hand. After discovering double kb snatches, I thought it would be a good challenge and something to work for. There really was no secret in achieving double kb snatches, just a lot of basic kb excercises [swings, cleans and jerks etc.] and a lot of hard work [see the photos below]. I now do 3 sets x 5-8 reps once a week or evey other week. My goal is to be able to double snatch 2 32kg kb's in about 6-8 months, but if it doesn't happen, no problem, I'll just keep doing what I love to do and continue to improve. Thanks for everything Gregg and Kerry!

Submitted by email to Kerry from Harvey

3 comments:

Kerry Kriener-Althen said...

This is awesome, Harvey! Great progress - I have no doubt that you will be able to double snatch the 2 32 kg KBs!

Rob O'Brien said...

Harvey,

Keep pushing! You will get there. I have double snatched the 32's at 157lbs. It is a great feeling.

Best,
Rob

Anonymous said...

thanks !! very helpful post!